AHAs and BHAs have different properties and both are equally important in the skincare regime. Let’s discuss the difference between them.
☀️ AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids):
- They exfoliate dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
- They are water-soluble.
- They can stimulate collagen production.
- They have skin hydrating properties.
✨ BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acids):
- They exfoliate deeper skin layers & pores.
- They are suitable for all skin types, but highly recommended for oily/combination skin.
- They are oil soluble.
- They can help reduce inflammation & bacteria.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties.
☀️ Can a combination of AHA & BHA be used?
The combination of AHA & BHA can also be used up to thrice a week (depending on the %s in the product) by all skin types.