A pimple can have a varying range of causes from clogged pores to an infection, hence it’s essential to diagnose the pimple correctly and seek treatment to avoid exacerbation of the pimple. While pimples can be annoying to deal with, with a little precaution and the right treatment, you can successfully avoid pimples on your face. Read the article below to know the various causes for pimples on face and some of the most helpful pimples on face removal tips.
- Clogged pores- Often when pores get clogged due to sebum, dead skin cells or dirt, they can form a plug which can trap bacteria and result in an infection.
- Ingrown hair- Tweezing can cause the hair follicle to grow back into the skin, this causes the hair to be trapped under the skin resulting in red, inflamed and often painful bumps. Ingrown hairs may even occur inside the nose causing painful, pimple-like bumps.
- Bacteria- Bacteria can clog the pores leading to an infection which results in red bumps in the nose.
- Folliculitis- It’s a skin condition where the follicles get infected with fungus or bacteria resulting in inflammation of the follicle.
Pimples on the face can be diagnosed by certain symptoms like-
- Red pimples which may or may not be pus-filled
- Medication- Certain medications like anti-acne medication and antibiotics can effectively get rid of pimples. These mostly work by eliminating the bacteria which may be causing the pimples.
- Laser treatment- Laser treatment works by reducing the production of oil and killing acne causing bacteria on the skin using small but powerful beams of laser.
- OTC-treatments- OTC-treatments include using certain ingredients which do not require a prescription from a doctor, to treat pimples in and around nose. Some of the most effective ingredients in over-the-counter treatment products for pimples include-
- Salicylic Acid
Salicylic Acid is a BHA, which works by loosening the dead skin cells and exfoliating the skin, freeing the trapped sebum, dead skin cells and bacteria.
- Benzoyl Peroxide
Benzoyl Peroxide works as a bactericidal against the acne causing bacteria. It prevents the growth of the bacteria and also has exfoliating properties. It may also help calm the inflammation.
- Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil works as an antiseptic to treat pimples in the nose. It also has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avoid touching your pimple to prevent the transfer of dirt and bacteria which could lead to clogged pores.
- Certain factors like plucking the facial hair, could irritate the skin, cause ingrown hair or cause inflammation so it’s important to be careful.
- Keep the skin clean by washing your face regularly.
- Avoid using comedogenic ingredients in your skincare and makeup products as they could result in clogged pores.
- Occlusive ingredients in moisturizers that create a moisture barrier to prevent transepidermal water loss can also clog the pores, so consider looking for alternatives for such moisturizers.
- Do treat pimples as early as possible- Treating pimples early can prevent aggravation and scarring, hence it’s essential to treat them before they get worse. Diagnose the pimple during the first signs of development and seek medical help if required.
- Don’t pick or pop the pimples- Even though you may be tempted to just pop the pimple and get it over with, avoid doing it at all costs. Doing so could lead to the irritation and inflammation getting much worse. So be careful not to pick on your pimple, in fact, just avoid touching the area around your pimple.
- Do diagnose the pimple correctly- It isn’t necessary that all bumps on the skin are pimples, some could have other causes which may require medical diagnosis and help. The pimples in the nose especially could have other causes like bacterial or viral infection, injury or folliculitis. Hence it’s important that the pimple is diagnosed correctly and early for seeking the best treatment possible.
- Don’t rub the area surrounding the pimple- As mentioned earlier, touching the pimple could make any inflammation worse and cause irritation. It may also lead to the unnecessary transfer of microorganisms and dirt, so it’s best to just avoid touching the pimple.
- Don’t ignore pimples- Ignoring pimples could lead to aggravation of your skin condition and cause it to get worse, so avoid ignoring a simple and seek help and treatment upon seeing no improvement.
- Deconstruct Pore Control Serum with 2% Salicylic Acid + 3% Niacinamide
With 2% Salicylic Acid, this serum is the perfect choice for acne-prone skin. Combined with Niacinamide, this serum moisturizes the skin as it exfoliates. Gentle yet effective, if you’re a beginner this serum is the perfect choice for you.
- Deconstruct Exfoliating Serum with 18% AHA + 2% BHA (Salicylic Acid)
This unique serum with a combination of AHA and BHA is the one-stop solution of exfoliation. It has 2% Salicylic Acid which can effectively treat and prevent acne.
- Deconstruct Vitamin C Serum with 10% Vitamin C + 0.5 Ferulic Acid
Vitamin C serum helps brighten the skin and soothes acne-affected skin. This serum contains 10% Vitamin C, which not only brightens your skin but also protects it from the sun. Ferulic Acid is the serum that aids in the stabilization and enhancement of Vitamin C effectiveness. It also is a potent antioxidant that can minimize photodamage.
- Deconstruct Clearing Serum with 2% Alpha Arbutin + 5% Niacinamide
This serum is developed with a concentration of 2% Alpha Arbutin to efficiently remove hyperpigmentation and provide clean skin. UV protection and moisture are provided by the 5% Niacinamide, resulting in clearer, brighter skin.
- Deconstruct Brightening Serum with 10% Niacinamide + 0.3% Alpha Arbutin
A potent serum with 10% Niacinamide which helps protect against sun damage and moisturizes the skin and 0.3% Alpha Arbutin to remove tanning and brighten the skin, the serum is the perfect addition to your skincare shelf.
- Deconstruct Vitamin C Serum with 10% Vitamin C + 0.5% Ferulic Acid
With 10% Vitamin C, this serum not only brightens your skin, but it also provides photoprotection. Ferulic Acid helps stabilize and boosts the efficacy of Vitamin C.
Pimples and pimple marks could be indicative of health conditions that require medical help. It’s important to act soon and diagnose the pimple as soon as you start noticing symptoms. With some care and the right ingredients, pimples and pimple marks can be effectively treated.
- How to get rid of pimples and pimple marks?
Pimples and pimple marks can be treated with OTC ingredients like Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide, Vitamin C, Alpha Arbutin. If your pimple doesn’t seem to budge, you can opt for professional treatments like laser and oral medications to treat pimples.
- What causes pimples and pimple marks?
Clogged pores can be a major reason for having pimples under the nose. It’s possible for sebum, dead skin cells and bacteria to accumulate in the crevices around the nose which could lead to pimples. And popping up the pimple may lead to marks or sometimes pimple scars.
- What causes pimples?
Pimples can be caused by a wide range of reasons. They may be caused by clogged pores, bacterial or fungal infection, or even injury. It’s best to get a diagnosis and seek medical help if the pimple doesn’t get better.