This is for all who are wondering if Potassium Azaloyl Diglycenate (PAD) is as effective as Azelaic Acid?
– Potassium azeloyl diglycinate is more effective than Azelaic acid and hence works on the skin even at a lower concentration. Its pH level is also lower than azelaic acid, making it gentle and more suitable for all skin types
Difference between Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate & Azelaic Acid
When it comes to potassium azeloyl Diglycinate vs azelaic acid. These are the points to take into consideration:
- Because azelaic acid is insoluble in water, it is difficult to work with. While PAD is a newer, water-soluble azelaic acid derivative.
- Azelaic acid is an oil-based acid that is unsuitable for acne-prone skin. PAD, on the other hand, is water-based and suitable for acne-prone skin.
- Azelaic acid is a skin-unfriendly acid that is present at a higher pH level. PAD, on the other hand, is reported to have a lower pH and is skin friendly.
- Azelaic acid has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-keratinizing, and anti-hyperpigmentation properties. PAD, on the other hand, has all of the qualities of azelaic acid while being gentle enough to use every day.
- Azelaic acid has been extensively studied and found to have clinically verified advantages. While PAD is available in over-the-counter (OTC) preparations in effective concentrations. Texture with a lighter feel (water-based). There are less adverse effects and the skin is more moisturized.
Which is more effective – Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate or Azelaic Acid
If you want to consider potassium azeloyl Diglycinate vs azelaic acid effectiveness. Take a look into these benefits:
- This substance is well-known for its ability to aid in the treatment of rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and acne vulgaris.
- Azelaic acid’s capacity to inhibit tyrosinase (the enzyme that produces melanin), as well as its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, helps to reduce pigmentation.
- Its Anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce rosacea by lowering swelling and redness. Azelaic acid Has antimicrobial qualities that help combat acne-causing germs and reduce comedone production.
Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate
- When it comes to PAD, as this substance is still relatively new, there are less studies to back it up. However, there are promising outcomes in terms of leveling out skin tone, minimizing hyperpigmentation, and treating rosacea.
- PAD significantly reduces sebum. PAD has been shown to aid with excessive sebum by reducing active sebum follicles. As it Inhibits tyronese, which helps to brighten and lighten the skin and reduce hyperpigmentation.
- PAD has two extra glycine molecules, which means it helps to hydrate and improve skin suppleness.For rosacea sufferers, PAD’s moisturizing and anti-inflammatory characteristics make it a likely winner.
Risks of Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate & Azelaic Acid & how to use them safely
Let’s take a look on azelaic acid vs potassium azeloyl Diglycinate side effects and how to use them:
Skin stinging, burning, itching, or tingling may occur temporarily, generally at the start of treatment. As your body adjusts to the drug, these side effects normally fade. If minor irritation persists, your doctor may advise you to use this medicine only once a day. If any of these symptoms persist or worsen, stop taking this medication and contact your doctor or pharmacist straight away.
The majority of people who use this medication experience no significant side effects. To avoid smearing, apply azelaic acid as the last step in your skin care routine at night. It’s recommended that you use it as a spot treatment for inflamed or dark spots of the skin, mixing the acid out to avoid a strong distinction.
Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate
PAD, on the other hand, has yet to reveal any negative side effects. The moisturising characteristics of PAD are most likely to be responsible.
Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser before applying PAD. Then, as a spot treatment, apply 2-3 drops of PAD serum all over your face/or on specific spots. Use a hyaluronic acid-based moisturizer or serum after that. Sunscreen should be used first thing in the morning.
- Is potassium azeloyl diglycinate better than azelaic acid?
azelaic acid vs potassium azeloyl Diglycinate : PAD as a derivative of azelaic acid and glycine is simple to utilize in an attractive moisturizing formula and has all of Azelaic acid’s desirable qualities.
2. Is potassium azeloyl diglycinate a derivative of azelaic acid?
The water-soluble component potassium azeloyl diglycinate is made from the condensation of azelaic acid and glycine. It has a hydrating/moisturizing effect because to the glycine, which helps to improve skin problems