- Hyperpigmentation is an umbrella term used for any sort of excess melanin.
- It can occur due to various reasons – sun exposure, acne & pimples, age & hormonal.
- Can be in many forms – dark spots, tanning, acne marks etc
- Can be found on other parts of the body.
- A few types of pigmentation can be avoided & worked.
- Melasma is a type of hyperpigmentation due to hormonal changes.
- It occurs because of hormonal changes.
- Melasma appears like dark and blotchy patches of skin.
- Mainly occurs on the face, but also on other parts of the body.
- Since melasma is hormonal, topical treatments take a long time to work.
? Melasma is difficult to be treated with topical treatments & takes a long time to work on.