What is Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate (pad)?
A new generation ingredient, which is a combination of azelaic acid and glycerin that is water-soluble and works to reduce acne and evens skin tone, even better than azelaic acid
Benefits Of Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate
Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate benefits are a new area of research. Because of its lightening, anti-seborrheic, antimycotic, and anti-acne effects, azelaic acid is being studied in dermatology. However, even when employed at lower doses than in pharmacological applications, its limitations in cosmetic formulations are well established. It has shown benefits in the following:
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate has been researched for calming sensitive skin, as well as lowering redness.
- It’s been shown to help with uneven skin tone.
- PAD helps with excessive oiliness in the skin and reduces the appearance of redness and irritation associated with sensitive skin.
- The water-soluble component PAD is made from the condensation of azelaic acid and glycine. It has a hydrating/moisturizing effect because of the glycine, which helps to improve skin problems.
- It has also shown noticeable skin-whitening properties.
Why is being water-soluble so important?
Azelaic acid is not soluble in water that makes it difficult to work with and hence usually found in an oil base, which is not great for acne. Potassium azeloyl diglycenate is easily soluble in water and also inherits all of azelaic acid’s properties; thus good for acne-prone skin
How does it work on the skin?
– regulates the level of sebum production in the skin
– helps to lighten and even out the skin tone
– reduces acne and clears out acne
– soothes reduces and inflammation
– moisturizes the skin and increases its elasticity
Side-Effects Of Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate skincare is a relatively newer addition. With limited research, PAD has shown no side effects.
2. Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate is a multifunctional component that also has other beneficial properties and has no toxicity when used in cosmetics.
3. But we recommend doing a 24-hour patch test before making Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate a part of your skincare routine.
Deconstruct’s Range Of Products Containing PAD
Deconstruct’s Breakout Control Serum – 3.3% Potassium Azeloyl Diglycenate (Azelaic Acid Derivative): PotassiumAzeloyl Diglycinate is water-based and a superior derivative of azelaic acid, which works on the skin even at low concentrations due to the increased bio-availability of the ingredient. Added probiotics, Lactococcus ferment lysate helps maintain skin barrier that gets affected due to acne. Being water-based, this serum is super friendly for both oily & dry skin and can be used every day.
A quick trivia: 1-5% of Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate is adequate for all skin types!
Is Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate good for skin?
PAD has shown significant improvement in the treatment of oily and acne-prone skin. It is also great with hydrating dry skin and is suitable for sensitive skin.
Is Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate natural?
The water-soluble ingredient Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate is made from the condensation of azelaic acid and glycine. Azelaic acid is produced by the microorganism Pityrosporum ovale. Both azelaic acid and glycerine are produced naturally and exist in nature.
What is Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate used for?
PAD is useful with oily skin, acne, blackheads/ whiteheads, dry skin, uneven skin tone and sensitive skin.
What does Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate do for skin?
Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate can help with excessive oil production, hydrate skin naturally, fix uneven skin tone and soothe sensitive skin.