Today we’re going to two popular antioxidants in skincare – niacinamide and alpha arbutin – and how they work together to treat hyperpigmentation, tanning and freckles on the skin?
☀️ What is Alpha Arbutin?
Hydroquinone-D-glucopyranoside, commonly known as Alpha arbutin, is a naturally occurring antioxidant and skin brightener found in the bearberry plant. Because of its molecular structure, alpha arbutin works similarly to hydroquinone, but with less irritation and melano cytotoxicity. Alpha arbutin is a more palatable alternative to hydroquinone because it does not cause exogenous ochronosis and causes minor discomfort and sensitization.
Alpha arbutin is a tyrosinase inhibitor that also delays the formation of melanosomes, that is, organelles that synthesize and store melanin or pigment. This is significant since it affects two different pigmentation systems.
☀️ What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a stable vitamin with a long list of well-documented topical effects. It is commonly used on the skin to treat acne, eczema, and other skin disorders. Niacinamide is one of the most well-researched anti-aging cosmeceuticals. It contains a variety of properties that help to smooth the texture of the skin. Because we cannot generate niacinamide on our own, it is especially crucial to our bodies. Because the vitamin is water-soluble, we must either consume it or apply it topically to get its effects.
There’s a lot more to this nutrient, particularly when it comes to skin health in general. Topical niacinamide may help treat certain skin diseases such as acne and eczema.
☀️ Benefits of Alpha Arbutin for skin
- Skin Tone Is Improved: Alpha Arbutin is a safe option for all skin tones because it does not change the color of your skin but rather evens it out. It evens up the skin tone by brightening the darker parts of the skin (sun damage and hyperpigmentation).
- Treatment for Age spots and hyperpigmentation: Because it is a stable water-soluble chemical, it safely and noticeably reduces dark spots and hyperpigmentation without causing irritation by suppressing tyrosinase activity. It is recognized to not only diminish the appearance of sunspots, but also to aid in their prevention.
- Skin-friendly: Alpha Arbutin, unlike other skin brightening agents, is gentle and non-irritating to the skin. It is safe to use up to 2% concentrations without suffering any negative side effects. Because of its gentle nature, it is an excellent choice for sensitive skin.
- Skin Rejuvenation: It’s a skin-brightening substance that works to reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots, giving you a more youthful appearance. It brightens your skin by slowing down the generation of melanin, rather than bleaching it permanently.
- Melasma Treatment: Melasma is a common ailment among pregnant women that results in the production of brown patches on the face as a result of hormonal changes. Alpha Arbutin’s skin-brightening properties have been demonstrated to aid in the reduction of the severity of these spots.
☀️ Benefits of Niacinamide for Skin
Overall, niacinamide can aid in the formation of proteins in the skin as well as the retention of moisture to prevent environmental damage.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. According to research, the same dose was also effective in lowering some of the indications of aging caused by solar damage.
- Immunity is one of the individual advantages. Niacinamide aids in the formation of keratin, a protein that helps maintain your skin firm and healthy.
- Acne is treated using this product. Niacinamide may help in the treatment of severe acne, especially inflammatory variants like papules and pustules.
- Controls the flow of oil. Moisture retention is beneficial to people with all skin types, not only those with dry skin. Niacinamide can also assist to manage the quantity of oil produced by your sebaceous glands, preventing them from going into overdrive.
- Reduces the appearance of redness and blotchiness.
- Reduces the appearance of pores. Maintaining a smooth and moisturized complexion may result in a natural reduction in pore size over time.
☀️ Which to layer first : alpha arbutin or niacinamide?
While using skincare products that contain both alpha arbutin vs niacinamide, it is recommended to use alpha arbutin first because it is more potent and, like many other strong skincare compounds, can cause skin irritation and dryness. With its humectant properties, niacinamide can step in and restore equilibrium by drawing moisture into the lowest layers of the skin and locking it in place. Alpha arbutin can work to even out your skin tone and bring uniformity to the skin when niacinamide is maintaining the complexion plumped and youthful.
☀️ Why should you combine two antioxidants?
- Two antioxidants, Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide, are suitable for all skin types. When used combined, they can aid with hyperpigmentation, dark spots, dullness, and the appearance of freckles on the skin.
- Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide for Hyperpigmentation: Both substances Impair Melanin, which helps to alleviate hyperpigmentation, dullness, and dark patches on the skin. Niacinamide also inhibits the transport of melanin. While tyrosine is suppressed by alpha arbutin, the hyperpigmentation process is slowed.
- To eliminate tanning and freckles, combine Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide: Both substances fight free radicals, preventing tanning and freckles. Niacinamide also fades scars and spots, giving the skin a clear appearance. By inhibiting the synthesis of tyrosinase, alpha arbutin lowers tanning. Both prevent excess melanin formation in the skin, reducing tanning and freckles. You can take niacinamide and alpha arbutin every day for the best results on your skin.
☀️ Use Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin together
Both the morning and night routines can employ niacinamide and alpha arbutin in this order. Some individuals believe that using vitamin C and niacinamide in the same skincare routine is a bad idea since they can make each other useless. However, no real studies exist to support such a theory.
In the morning routine, it is preferable to use alpha arbutin, niacinamide, and then vitamin C serum. If you’re still unsure, skip the vitamin C serum and instead apply Alpha Arbutin and niacinamide, keeping vitamin C in your morning regimen.
These products can help to minimize hyperpigmentation and imperfections with frequent usage; but, don’t expect them to work like magic. Only after the second month of frequent use will you notice any changes. Hydroquinone is perhaps the only chemical that produces immediate results in terms of hyperpigmentation, the others take their time.
☀️ Ways to use Alpha Arbutin & Niacinamide in your skin
Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide ,both are water-based serums that can be used as the first step in a skincare routine after cleaning and drying the face thoroughly. If hyperpigmentation, melasma, or dark spots are your primary concerns, apply alpha arbutin serum first, pat it into the skin, and wait a few minutes for it to penetrate. Now you can apply the niacinamide layer and let it dry. If you have oily skin and are concerned about clogged pores or excessive sebum production, start with niacinamide and then move on to alpha arbutin.
☀️ Things to keep in mind while using the combination of Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide
- Only two or three drops are required to cover the entire face with these serums.
- Don’t forget about your neck; we typically utilise skincare products exclusively on our faces and neglect our necks.
- Instead of vigorously massaging the serum into the skin, dab it till it is completely absorbed.
- At no point should you use more than three serums at once.
☀️ Deconstruct’s range of alpha arbutin & niacinamide products
Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin are a unique and rare combination that works by fighting the development of melanin and successfully helps to eliminate spots, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation.
By limiting melanosome transfer, 5% Niacinamide lowers hyperpigmentation, dark patches, and freckles. By reducing melanin formation and protecting the skin from UV radiation, 2 percent Alpha Arbutin in combination acts on tans and brightens the skin.
Alpha arbutin and niacinamide are two excellent natural compounds that can improve the appearance of your skin, particularly if you want a more even-toned, brighter complexion. However, as with any other ingredient, keep in mind that effects take time and consistent use. As a result, make sure you’re patient. Remember to do a patch test first, even if they are mild.
Question: Is Niacinamide a Better Alternative to Hydroquinone?
Answer: According to some scientists, alpha-arbutin is a safer alternative to hydroquinone. Hydroquinone promotes pigmentation by killing the cells that make melanin. Alpha arbutin, on the other hand, inhibits tyrosinase and pigment-producing cells.
Question: What are the possible niacinamide and alpha arbutin side effects?
Answer: After using a niacinamide serum, some people may experience minor redness or discomfort around sensitive areas like the eyes. You shouldn’t be too concerned about it, though. However, try a dime-sized amount of serum on your forearm for 24 hours before putting it to your face, and keep an eye out for any unexpected reactions.
Question: Is it better to take niacinamide or Alpha Arbutin for hyperpigmentation?
Answer: Niacinamide is a potent antioxidant and vitamin B3 that enhances moisture, decreases hyperpigmentation, and improves skin suppleness when applied topically. The usage of alpha arbutin on a regular basis can help to even out skin tone and lessen the appearance of dark patches.
Question: Can I take Alpha Arbutin on a daily basis?
Answer: Arbutin is safe to take on a daily basis. It can be applied twice a day, depending on your skin’s sensitivity. Remember, you shouldn’t use arbutin for more than 3 months at a time because it can harm your skin.
☀️ Niacinamide + Alpha Arbutin for hyperpigmentation:
– BOTH INHIBIT MELANIN that helps treat pigmentation on skin
– BOTH ARE GENTLE and work on hyperpigmentation, dullness and dark spots
– NIACINAMIDE PREVENTS TRANSFER OF MELANIN that reduces the occurrence of PIH
– ALPHA ARBUTIN SUPPRESSES TYROSINE thus slowing down the process of hyperpigmentation
⭐ Niacinamide + Alpha Arbutin to reduce tanning and freckles:
– BOTH TACKLE FREE RADICALS thus prevents tanning and freckles
– NIACINAMIDE FADES SCARS AND SPOTS to give a clear appearance
– ALPHA ARBUTIN REDUCES THE DEGREE OF TANNING by blocking the formation of tyrosinase
– BOTH REDUCE TANNING AND FRECKLES by inhibiting excess melanin production in the skin
?A quick trivia: You can use niacinamide and alpha arbutin every day for best results on your skin!