⚡What are exfoliation and exfoliants?
Exfoliants remove the dead cells from your skin to reveal fresh and new skin and this process is called exfoliation.
⚡ Physical Exfoliation:
- Scrub/ any granular agent exfoliate by removing dead cells by physical friction and this process is called physical exfoliation
- Scrubs remove the dead skin cells only from the upper dermal layers
- Physical exfoliants are suggested to be avoided, as the friction with scrubs can micro-tear skin, if not properly used!
- Mild scrubs are fine but avoid scrubs with bigger particles!
⚡ Chemical Exfoliation:
- Alpha hydroxy/ beta/ polyhydroxy acids (aha/ bha/ pha) exfoliate by dissolving dead skin cells and this process is called chemical exfoliation
- aha & bha go deeper into the skin layer to react and dissolve the dead skin cells
- Chemical exfoliants are recommended for sensitive/ very dry/ acne-prone skin types due to the gentle process of exfoliation
- Chemical exfoliants are extremely safe to use!
Our recommendation is always to go with chemical exfoliation. Use AHA/ BHA/ PHA in your routine and see the difference!