Is skin purging good & what does skin purging look like?
Purging is good, though in short term it looks like a bad thing! It’s all the dead cells coming out as your cell turnover increases by using a product! Skin purging typically looks like tiny red bumps on the skin that are painful to touch.
What to do when purging with different ingredients?
- AHA & BHA- a skin purge from exfoliating acids can last two to six weeks. stay the course and try cutting back a bit on the frequency of use.
- Benzoyl Peroxide- a skin purge from benzoyl peroxide can last two to six weeks. Apply a thin layer of moisturizer to act as a buffer before applying.
- Retinol and Retinoids- a skin purge from retinol can last four to eight weeks. Hydrate your skin using hyaluronic serum.
What should you not do when your skin is purging?
- Don’t stop using the product.
- Don’t pick at or scratch your skin.
? Deconstruct Hydrating Serum
-Add ingredients that help with skin soothing & barrier repairs, such as ceramides and hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine.