Rule 1: CONSISTENCY
- Consistency of usage– Use products every day and regularly to see results.
- Consistency of product application – thinnest consistency —> thickest consistency (or liquid – waterbased to oil).
- Consistency in routine – Follow cleanser -> toner -> Serum -> Moisturiser -> Sunscreen.
Rule 2: ACTIVES
- Treat the specific skin concerns & use actives as per your skin need.
- Choose the %s of actives basis your skin need and actives could be in serums, cleansers or moisturizers.
- Usually, serums have the highest concentration of actives in a skincare product.
Rule 3: SEALANTS
- These are the light applications of oils that seal in the moisturizer.
- Act as a skin barrier & delivers beneficial nutrients to the skin.
- These have to be applied as the last step always to delivers instant softness, leaving the skin smooth & hydrated.
Rule 4: SUNSCREENS
- Sunscreen should always be the last step of the morning skincare routine, despite staying at home.
- Skincare ensures that there is no further damage to the skin and also protects skin that could be raw from using retinoids/ certain AHAs.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30, along with PA+++ to ensure maximum sun protection.
💧 Skincare isn’t rocket science but it has a specific structure that must be followed in order for products to do their job well.