What is Niacinamide?
Also called nicotinamide, Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B-3 that helps in treating disorders of the skin, kidneys, and brain. These are renowned for giving you glowing skin. Niacinamide is one of the active ingredients found in many products such as moisturizers, serums, gels, or cleansers. But for someone, who is new to the skincare world, the selection, and usage of Niacinamide serum can be confusing.
What is niacinamide used for?
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B-3 (niacin) and helps in preventing niacin deficiency known as pellagra. It also helps in treating disorders of the skin, kidneys, and brain.
Niacinamide Skin Benefits
- Since niacinamide is a water-soluble vitamin, it helps in minimizing the enlarged pores and pores tightening.
- Niacinamide helps in providing an even skin tone.
- It helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, thus giving a younger-looking skin.
- It helps in reducing skin’s dullness giving radiant glowing skin.
- Niacinamide also reduces the environmental impact on the skin like UV damage because of its great ability to improve skin barrier and also helps in repairing past skin damages.
Having so many skin benefits, niacinamide is an amazing ingredient that everyone should definitely include in their skincare routines.
Because of its amazing ability to reduce the size of the skin pores, it plays an important role in keeping the sebum production in check, thus preventing acne and breakouts.
Niacinamide serum benefits:-
- Adding niacinamide into your skincare routine helps in renewing and restoring the surface of the skin against skin dehydration.
- Niacinamide rebuilds healthy skin cells while also protecting them from damage caused by harmful UV rays.
- Niacinamide controls melanin production thus, inculcating niacinamide into your skincare routine also helps in skin lightening and evening out the skin tone.
- If you add 5% niacinamide then it helps in increasing collagen production and helps in reducing hyperpigmentation.
- It also helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles and maintaining the skin’s elasticity.
- Because of its skin lightening effect, niacinamide helps in reducing the stubborn tanning caused by sun exposure.
- Prevents acne because of its ability to control excess sebum production.
One of the great things about niacinamide apart from the numerous benefits it delivers is the fact that it’s relatively well tolerated, even for those individuals who have sensitive skin types. Thus making it a nice alternative for all those whose skin may not be able to handle more traditional acne or brightening ingredients, like benzoyl peroxide or retinoids.
What you should look for while selecting a niacinamide product?
Choosing the correct percentage of niacinamide totally depends on your skin’s condition and requirement. The right concentration is very essential to choosing an effective Niacinamide serum. For example, 5-10% Niacinamide is proven effective to balance oil and reducing UV damage. Less than 5% may show some improvement but not that significant. 5-10% Niacinamide is proven effective to balance oil and reduce UV damage and give radiant, brighter skin.
How to use Niacinamide Serum?
Adding niacinamide serum into your skincare is a hassle-free task. It is generally safe to use niacinamide serum every day, but we always recommend doing patch testing first. Niacinamide goes well with other potent ingredients like peptides, hyaluronic acid, AHAs, BHA, and all types of antioxidants. Always remember to put SPF in the morning and never skip moisturizer to see more effective results. Because of its great ability towards healthy skin, and going well with all other active ingredients, niacinamide serum is definitely a must-have product that needs to be added, specifically if you are looking to reduce dark spots, hyperpigmentation and your goal is healthy, glowing skin.
How long does it take for Niacinamide to work on the skin?
It generally takes 2-4 weeks to see the visible results of applying niacinamide (when used twice a day, daily) and the results keep approving with time. Niacinamide is a multi-benefited, budget-friendly ingredient, is suitable for all skin types and is a must-have for treating and preventing many skin issues. To see the best results, it is recommended to use niacinamide for at least 6 weeks. Thus, with a plethora of benefits as a skincare ingredient niacinamide is an amazing ingredient that goes well with almost any skincare concern, ingredient, and skin type.
Deconstruct’s range of products with niacinamide
Deconstruct Brightening Serum and Clearing Serum are a unique combination of Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide that helps in reducing dark spots and pigmentation, thus giving a radiant, glowing skin. AHAs and BHAs are also suggested to reduce dark spots.
Deconstruct Pore Control Serum contains 2% Salicylic Acid and 3% Niacinamide that helps in reducing blackheads and whiteheads. It clears out the pores deeply and minimizes their appearances. Niacinamide present in the serum controls the excess sebum production giving a glowing skin.
Deconstruct Hydrating Serum has 2% Hyaluronic Acid and 1% Niacinamide deeply hydrates the skin without making the skin feel oily. It makes the skin plumpy and also helps in reducing the signs of aging.
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B-3 and is one of the active ingredients found in many products such as moisturizers, serums, gels, or cleansers. Adding niacinamide into your skincare routine helps in renewing and restoring the surface of the skin against skin dehydration. Having so many skin benefits, niacinamide is an amazing ingredient that everyone should definitely include in their skincare routines.
- Does Niacinamide break you out?
Niacinamide is a quite stable ingredient. Hence, it is unlikely for Niacinamide to cause breakouts, although when used in high concentrations it is known to cause irritations.
- Does Niacinamide lighten skin?
Yes, Niacinamide can cause the skin to appear lighter and brighter. Niacinamide helps tackle hyperpigmentation by inhibiting the transfer of melanosomes. Studies have also shown that consistent usage of Niacinamide has similar effects as hydroquinone on pigmentation, hence making Niacinamide a good substitute to it due to fewer side effects.
- Does Niacinamide have any side effects?
Topical usage of Niacinamide does not have any major side effects shown. Irritation, redness, flushing are some of the common side effects of using higher concentrations of Niacinamide. These can be tackled by using a milder formula, containing a lower concentration of Niacinamide and gentler actives (if any).
- Can Niacinamide be used on Sensitive skin?
Niacinamide is generally a very safe and stable ingredient, making it well loved by all skin types, sensitive skin included.
- How to use Niacinamide under eyes?
Yes, Niacinamide can safely be used on the delicate skin under the eyes because of the very few side effects and the minimal possibility of irritation. In fact, it can actually improve the appearance of dark circles and wrinkles with consistent usage.